Tiny new orchid

Home Forums User galleries Tiny new orchid

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Michaela Michaela 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Diana
    Diana
    Participant

I went groceries shopping the other day and I came across some adorable tiny white orchids -“Phalaenopsis Little Lady”. I thought they were so cute and I saw they were also on sale (in my opinion the price was super low- the equivalent of about 1,35 euros!!). Their flowers were’t in the best of shapes, but overall they seemed healthy – so I managed to find one that had better looking flowers and was the only one that had buds too (I think I counted 5) so I bought it.

So here is my new “Little Lady”, next to my huge Phalaenopsis and my Colmanara Masai Red!
    Tiny new orchid

The Colmanara had some issues, I have written about it some time ago here http://orchidnature.com/forums/topic/yellowing-leaves-on-colmanara-masai-red/ It seems to have gotten over the yellowing of the leaves (I have figured that it had issues because of a few very hot days and it needed more water, I have spoken with Danny too on her youtube chanel), as you can see there are two leaves that are dried to a certain point and after that it is green :)

Profile photo of Deepali
    Deepali
    Participant

Oh, it’s cute! It looks healthy too.

Profile photo of Diana
    Diana
    Participant

Thank you! ^_^
    I also think it is quite healthy, the flowers did dry though but I honestly did not expect them to last long – I still have 2 buds that might open at some point, which is nice!

I will probably repot it – it has quite a lot of roots for such a small plant and seems to bee too crowded in its tiny little pot and I am not a big fan of the fact that it is only potted in Sphagnum moss.

I kept postponing the repotting because I did not want to stress the plants more than it was necessary before I return from vacation and I can properly take time to repot all of my 3 orchids (the large Phal seems to have quite old medium – I’ve had it since December 2015 – other than that I think it is ok and also I really want to see the root system of my Colmanara – bought it March 2016 – because this one might need some removal of dead roots). I was glad to see that after 5 days of me being away from home, they all had a bit of moisture left in the pots, which was a relief. Now I can go away again for a few days but more relaxed that they will probably do fine and when I return, it’s repotting time! I have never done this but I have watched many videos on the matter and really hope I will do it well and that it will help the plants on the long run :)

Profile photo of Michaela
    Michaela
    Participant

Dear Diana,

the white Phal looks wonderful! :) Really very cute, espeacilly in comparison to the ones around her. They all look healthy as well, which is great news.

Have a nice day.

Michaela

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.