Phalaenopsis Cornu-cervi var. chattaladae

Home Forums Orchid Alliances Phalaenopsis Alliance Phalaenopsis Cornu-cervi var. chattaladae

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Troy Troy 2 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Troy
    Troy
    Participant

Hi everyone,
    I got one from a friend and am kinda worry it would make it or I may already kill it. So it has 4 leaves and 1 small new leaf growing (intentionally). I repotted it because of the root rot problem and had to cut away almost the roots. It has still 4 roots in the media which are dark green when wet and 2 healthy aerial roots. I potted it in bark chips mix with seramis and a little sphagnum moss. The plant is placed near a south window where it is bright and warm without direct sunshine. What do you think? Should I be worry and do something else or just be patient and look how it goes?

Profile photo of Troy
    Troy
    Participant
    Profile photo of Lhyne
    Lhyne
    Participant

Hi Troy! I suggest you wait for it and be patient, just like what Danni is always saying after a major orchid surgery, it will bounce back but will not take overnight, as long as you give proper nutrients and care, I’m sure you will have a healthy orchid in no time… Well, good luck and hope all your babies are in great shape. God bless!

Profile photo of Troy
    Troy
    Participant

Thanks so much Lhyne! That’s exactly what I needed. I am not usually impatient but with this plant… can’t help worrying. Anyway I will be just patient and wait to see how it goes.

Profile photo of Troy
    Troy
    Participant

It’s always worth it to wait patiently. The plant is bouncing back alright. I hope to see some blooms this year.
    Update

Profile photo of Lhyne
    Lhyne
    Participant

Hello, Troy
    Congratulations!!! Well done!!! Hope to see its bloom here in orchid nature… More power to your babies… God bless!

Profile photo of HildeWilkens
    HildeWilkens
    Participant

Great Phal Troy – leaves look nice and a new root coming……patience and the proper care paid off – congrates. Hope once its totally recovered and strong it will bloom for you – I didn’t know this Phal but I googled it and its such a nice flower!! It’s on my “want-list” now lol – keep us posted how it goes and I hope one day you send us a picture with a wonderfull bloom.
    Keep up the good work!
    Hilde

Profile photo of Troy
    Troy
    Participant

Still no sign of a spike…

Profile photo of Lhyne
    Lhyne
    Participant

It will bloom, I have faith in your ability to care for your phal and I have faith in your phal to pay back your tender loving care…

Profile photo of Troy
    Troy
    Participant

Well the orchid is growing roots, 5 new roots in total. I think it would produce a flower spike in the time the one new leaf finishes developing. But perhaps it would bloom next spring or summer.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.