dendrobiums and ceramic pots

Home Forums Orchid Alliances Dendrobium Alliance dendrobiums and ceramic pots

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Leah Russell Leah Russell 3 weeks, 5 days ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of mirella
    mirella
    Participant

hey there!! what do you guys think about dendrobiums and ceramic pots?? Most sellers here in Germany have them in tiny ceramic pots…do you think it works better for either the nobile or the phal type dendrobiums or is plastic better for both? thank you!

Profile photo of surfer_rosa
    surfer_rosa
    Participant

Hey from California,I actually don’t own any dendrobiums yet but I’ve seen people use either. Personally I use plastic because I like to see what’s going on in the pot. Clay pots are cool but one thing is that the roots cling to the pot so while you repot you have to be careful with the roots. I had a phal in a clay pot and I had to slowly pull the roots off the pot but it’s really up to you on what you want to use. Clay pots may hold humidity better though and a plus for clear plastic pots is that the roots get more sunlight.

Profile photo of Leah Russell
    Leah Russell
    Participant

thanks surfer rosa , i was wondering about dendrobiums because i was watching a video of miss orchid girl on managing large sized orchids and i was surprised to see some of the roots had forced a crack in a ceramic pot , So it kind of made me doubt that ceramic pots are the best for dendrobiums.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.